This is a 30 min introduction on how to start studying for the WCS exam. It covers: what is expected of an expert, how to structure study and study groups, learning style inventory and various learning opportunities, what to study and what not to study, text books that might be helpful. and considerations for structure of study groups.
- 30 minute audio recording
- 5 page handout with resources
- Learning styles inventory
This test designates those with a high level of thinking, analysis and knowledge.
Metacognition is a high level of thinking
- Awareness of one’s own thinking process – thinking about thinking
- Internal reflection leading to external articulation
- Structured mentorship is often the key in advancing clinical decision making – student and the mentor think out loud during clinical assessment and treatment